Original And Best


This month's Mixology Monday is hosted by DJ Hawaiian Shirt. Instead of just choosing a drink for an occasion or situation or based on an ingredient the theme is "Your Best."


-gulp-


My best? uh oh....


I have visions of Dee Snider shouting singing at me, "If that's your best, your best won't do!"


Let's consider cooking for a moment. Even though I cook (nearly) every day very few of the recipes are mine. Most are from books and such or are slight variations on the same. The ones that are mine are usually my take on a classic (e.g. chicken noodle/rice soup). In fact the one recipe that is completely my own appeared in Food & Drink several months after I had made it. I don't for a moment think that my kitchen was spied upon. I know that certain flavours and techniques make sense together and it's not unusual for similar/same recipes to be developed independently. The same happens with drink recipes.


So what is my drink that I've invented, tinkered with, served to guests, and consider my best?


We'll see.


Can it be a mocktail?


;)


Comments

Popular Posts