Take A Good Look At My Face....

I heard Tracks Of My Tears twice yesterday. First in a boutique the Smokey Robinson version was playing, later at a boutique-y grocery store a Muzak version was playing. Weird, I guess.

Anyway, as we were walking in to our favourite Viet-Thai restaurant for lunch, I held the door for our party and for the people leaving. A couple with a baby and a fellow with takeout emerged. It turned out they were all together. The fellow looked familiar. He looked like an old friend from college. (Back when they called me Groovy and they called him Gyro). It turned out it was him! He seemed very surprised to see me. We did a little catching up but did not exchange numbers or anything. I thought maybe we should have, but it occurred to me later: I have a difficult enough time getting together with the people I have kept in touch with. How likely are we to actually get together? I guess we'll never know....

Comments

Popular Posts