Last Day With Our First Car


I cleaned out the car this evening. Cleaned out personal things, it's still dirty. Tomorrow it goes to the dealership as a trade-in. Exciting. But I must digress.


You remember the car, right? The Car. The one with the noises, the one with it's eye on the bank account. That one. Today was our last day with it. I cleaned our stuff out of it. Mostly garbage (gum wrappers and whatnot) Some CDs, some other stuff. It occurred to me that things get caught in the seats. Things get caught especially on the back seat after it has been folded down. So I reached in. Some garbage I found. A receipt. A screwdriver. Then something I couldn't identify. It turned out to be a CD sans case. A CD whose whereabouts I've pondered for over a year. I've been looking for it since before we moved, since before the car started needing money, even! All this time it's been in the backseat. No, really in the backseat. I have it once again. I don't think it will play, ever.


I took a picture of the CD. That's a difficult thing to do. Taking a photo of a scratch on a mirror. Very difficult. I realized that there are some easy photos we don't have. We have none of the car. Maybe I'll take one tomorrow, on it's last day with us.....

Comments

Popular Posts